Tuesday 27 October 2015

Tuesday session - Mona Fartlek (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

45 km/HR southerly winds and a miserable outlook weren't conducive to getting out of bed this morning. Convinced myself to simply get out there and get the session done. Glad I did in the end (as is always the case). Wasn't expecting much anyway, but the conditions gave me another excuse. Nevertheless, despite a rather ordinary 6km on the dot achieved in the 20 minutes, I am quite satisfied with the effort. Even more encouragingly, I got my heart rate up into the 180's - which has never been done before. Enjoyed a steady cool-down with a predominant tailwind back home for 17km all up.

8km easy this afternoon - actually, before lunch! Hungry now! 4:29 min/km pace, average heart rate of 126.

No comments:

Post a Comment