Thursday 29 October 2015

Thursday session - Quarters (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Really surprised myself this morning! As always, was keen to continue sleeping when the alarm went off. Knowing that I had agreed to meet Sigrid at the stone arch for the session was probably the only thing that kept me going. Got up there and was joined by both Sigrid and her friend. Reluctantly got going after some chatting, with the primary goal of simply completing the session. Couldn't believe the time when I finished, crossing the line in a swift 15:24, only 10 seconds off my best time. Held an average 3:12-13 for the 4.8km. The other two continued on, but I think they stopped at the end of the 7th rep, giving them a solid 4km Fartlek session. A long 9.5km cooldown incorporating another lap of North Head followed by heading home. 17km all up. I will be mixing up my sessions a bit next week, so watch this space for some quite significant changes. I will continue to use both Mona Fartlek and Quarters, but not on a weekly basis. These two sessions have served myself so well this year, but it is time for a change to prevent myself going stale.

Another lunchtime run today - 8km nice and steady, averaging 4:37 min/km pace, heart rate around 127.

No comments:

Post a Comment