Tuesday 13 October 2015

Tuesday session - 15km steady with 3 x 1500m pick-ups at HM pace

Went against the original plan today of doing a Mona Fartlek. Thought I would be better off avoiding it, as the session itself is absolutely brutal in terms of intensity and pain. Easing my mind by convincing myself to the session go, I was pleasantly surprised to see how good my legs felt as I got out there for what I had subsequently convinced myself would be an easy 10km run. Decided to mix it up, so on my return from Manly LSC to Queenscliff SLSC each lap, I attempted to run at goal half marathon pace (i.e. 3:19 min/km pace). Went beyond this each time with 3:16, 3:10, and 3:08 min/km pace on each attempt. Ran the recovery in between each effort at around 4:05-4:15 min/km pace. All up, a comfortable session with a bit of specific speed mixed in, but not enough duration to compromise my recovery leading into Melbourne this Sunday. Very happy I listened to my body, not my mind this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment