Sunday 11 October 2015

Sunday (not so) long run - 24km

Instructions were 24km at 4:30 min/km pace. Got the first part right! Ended up holding 4:00 min/km pace in the end, feeling much more comfortable, easier and shorter than my traditional 30km Sunday long run. A nice little confidence boaster heading into Melbourne next Sunday. I will likely aim to keep the next two days of training as per normal (i.e. Monday 15km easy, Tuesday Mona Fartlek), before reducing the mileage on each of the following days, with a rest on Saturday. I used this method leading into both SMH and the Gold Coast half's, both to great effect! I guess the key for the forthcoming week is to do rest as much as I can, and do no harm. Kept the heart rate in check this morning, holding 142 beats per minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment