Sunday 25 October 2015

Sunday long run - 30km

First 30km long run in three weeks, and didn't I feel it. Pace-wise, I made a concerted effort to slow it down based on my post-Melbourne reflection that I had been doing these far too fast. Ended up averaging 3:55 min/km pace, finishing in 1 hour, 57 minutes and 30 seconds. Probably still slightly too fast, but I guess that it is a work in progress. 4 minute kilometre pace should be the fastest I complete my long run at. My hear rate was slightly higher than usual, averaging 151 beats per minute. Essentially just happy to get it done, and looking forward to the forthcoming week, simply just to get through the sessions - although not expecting much in terms of speed.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice article!! I also wanted to take part in this long run program but I was getting acupuncture sessions for my leg pain at a domestic Mississauga acupuncture clinic. Now there isn’t any pain in my legs so I would love to take part in upcoming long run event.

    ReplyDelete