Thursday 1 October 2015

Thursday session - Deek's Quarters (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Another new benchmark this morning, albeit only by a small margin. A balmy and humid October morning (the first of the year), a significant change from last week's torrential downpour and gale force winds. Matty joined me for the warm-up, but indicated early on that he would not be running the session following a solid 26km run out to West Head and return yesterday. This has been his biggest week this season, I think he is aiming for 150km. Sigrid met us at the stone arch entry into North Head, all keen and ready to go for her second session with us. After some procrastination, we went off. No matter how many times I do this session, it certainly doesn't get any easier! If anything, it hurts more and more. Unlike Mona Fartlek, I actually have no gauge into how I am fairing until the very end when I see the overall time. Ended up crossing the line in 15:14, pretty much collapsing as I did on Tuesday. So much so, that a local cyclist deviated off her path to check if I was okay! That's how much it hurt! Saw that Sigrid had decided to join Matty for a steady run at some stage through the 400's, which left me solo for a 9.2km cool-down back home to North Steyne. The sun is out, and I am heading to the ocean right now!

Out for an easy 8km recovery run between clients this afternoon. 4:42 min/km pace keeping the heart rate nice, low and controlled - averaging 119 beats per minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment