Monday 18 January 2016

Easy Monday (15km) with some strides

Back into it this morning, the mind and body refreshed after a few easy days. It felt like I hadn't run in ages, such was the enthusiasm to get out and run on a Monday morning. Really took it easy, listening to my body with every step. Noticeably my heart rate was higher than usual, but considering how abnormally low it typically is, this is perhaps not a bad thing. 4:24's at 132 beats per minute. Strides, yoga, and perhaps a swim (time pending).

Just spoke to the coach and he has given me strict instructions to ONLY run easy this week - my first proper recovery week. This will be a massive challenge for me. Bring on Saturday's session!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff. Believe me when I say running is fun when it's slow.

    ReplyDelete