Saturday 16 January 2016

Saturday easy (30 minutes)

Finally cracked. After 12 weeks of consistent training, I need a few days off/easy. Tried warming-up for the brutal hills session, but just had nothing. Felt worse than yesterday. There is no denying that my performance has dropped over the last few weeks (peaking last Saturday with an unexplained dismal Mona Fartlek). So maybe a day or two of no training whatsoever, followed by some easy runs next week. I hate doing this, but I know it is necessary.

2 comments:

  1. Lewis, ask yourself whether you are in this for the long haul or short term. If the former, slow your long runs down and make your easy days much easier - in short, enjoy the runs. I'm knackered reading your current training regime. It's brutal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tom, I need to try and tie in with you guys during the week. Let me know if you are running locally on Monday or Wednesday morning this week?

      Delete