Sunday 3 January 2016

Sunday long run (30km)

Motivation was quite low this morning. Really didn't want to leave the comfort of my bed. My legs were still protesting after the speed work yesterday morning. After playing mind games, I finally got going. Set out at what felt like a slightly slower pace than usual, I was suprised to see the first kilometre well under 4:00 min/km pace - especially because it was straight into a souther easterly headwind. Kept the heart rate under wraps most of the way (admittedly it was slightly higher than last week, but felt the same effort-wise). Got out some seriously quick sub 3:40 min/km running north (with the luxury of a nice tailwind), only to suffer upon turning around for the final 13km straight into that bloody headwind (again, not as brutal as last weekend's)! Managed to get a massive rock lodged snugly into the sole of my left shoe. Tried kicking the stubborn thing out with no luck. I decided to run through it, looking forward to keeping a nice souvenir of my run (along with a probable boast on Instagram) - but typically it came out in the last kilometre coming over the Queenscliff bridge. All up, too quick in the end - 3:46 min/km pace average at 147 beats per minute. Saw Macca (solo), Justin & Richard (together), and Jamie solo doing similar runs - makes me feel like less of a recluse!

No comments:

Post a Comment