Thursday 28 January 2016

Threshold Thursday (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Still some lingering fatigue from Tuesday's effort, didn't feel as speedy today. The watch was once again more accurate reading laps of Passmore Oval. Quite humid already, and a warm 23 degrees at 650am. Saw Macca early on, along with Brian Black - who I later observed doing 'easy laps of Passmore' on Strava. Took off at the 5km mark, but really made a concerted effort to keep the effort to 'threshold' pace - not beyond (like I have previously done). That is, I made it 'comfortably hard' the whole way around. I liken this tithe effort you feel when you are pushing, but still have that extra speed in reserve if (desperately) needed. Even the last five minutes, I had to keep telling myself 'threshold effort,' as this is when the temptation kicks in to try and run a session-PB. Resisted that this morning, and went onto keep it 'comfortably hard' until the end of the twenty minutes. According to the GPS I averaged 3:10's. I would say a more accurate estimate would be 3:15's, completing just shy of nine-and-a-half laps of the 650m Passmore loop. Finished the remaining distance at a comfortable pace. 16km all up.

Macca is everywhere! This time I saw him changing after presumably an ocean swim at Queenscliff. The man is getting some serious swim training in - watch out Hoey! Easy recovery just before lunch, 4:35's at 120.

No comments:

Post a Comment