Tuesday 26 January 2016

Quarters (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

It's been a while since I've had this on the program. A bit tentative after having a week off the speed work. Felt ok warming up, but the inner voices were telling me to run easy. Luckily I had Scotty there to negate those. Went hard, but not crazy at the start - although the splits would disagree. It's great at the moment, as Scotty is flying - so we were able to share the work throughout the session - something I haven't done in a long time. I tended to lead the odds, Scotty taking over on the evens. This switched to Scotty leading the first half of the 400's, followed by myself for the remainder in the back half of the session. It was only on the second half of the last 400m effort uphill that I just managed to shake Scott - holding the gap for the final 200m 'float.' Great times and PB's for both of us, finishing the session in 15:07 and 15:10 respectively. Averaged 3:09's. Very happy, as it actually didn't feel that fast at all. A nice long cooldown to finish with 17km all up. Happy Australia Day!

Very easy 8km just before lunch. I think the third kilometer came up as 4:25, so really made sure I held back to around 4:40's as best I could. Ended up with 4:35's at 120.

No comments:

Post a Comment