Saturday 21 July 2018

Saturday - 15km

Take two. First run since Sunday, after blowing up my right leg to the size a balloon which led to compartment syndrome and compression of my right peroneal nerve (trust me, nerve pain at night is the worst thing I’ve ever experienced). My back was horrible as well, likely a symptom of compensating for a non-cooperative right leg. The plan was to initially take Monday and Tuesday off, but this extended to Wednesday, then Thursday, before deciding to just wait until Saturday. The leg is pretty much back to normal now, although the back still requires some work. Nevertheless, it was great to finally get back out there this morning. The pace felt horribly slow, the effort felt hard-ish, and all up it felt like I hadn’t run in months! I wanted to keep it flat, so stuck to the Shelly-Fairlight loop (it was very windy along the harbourside). Got back to North Steyne SLSC in just under 65 minutes (4:20’s), so a fair bit quicker than it felt (it honestly felt like 5 min/km pace). Back home now and my back is much the same, the right calf is slightly tight - but nothing like what it was. All up, not a bad outcome. It’ll only get better from now on.

 
Photos from Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment