Wednesday 25 July 2018

Wednesday - 15km

Sub 4, finally! Still some way to go, but that is nevertheless another landmark for where I’m currently at. Another stunning morning, similarly warmer like yesterday. Out along the usual Shelly-Fairlight loop. The heart rate monitor was all over the shop this morning - the first time it’s been totally unreliable since I’ve restarted running. Just put my head down and pushed though the 15 km the best I could. Got back to North Steyne SLSC in 59:33 (3:58’s), so very satisfied with that. I might pay for it a bit tomorrow, but I don’t care. I can sleep in on Friday. My back was uncomfortable to start but seemed to resolve quicker than yesterday. My left foot is throbbing now, but by no means painful to walk or hop on - another positive sign. I’m loving coming home to watch the highlight of the Tour de France - especially now that they are in the Pyrenees. I don’t know what’ll do next week! At least the Vuelta isn’t too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment