Saturday 7 July 2018

Saturday - 8 x 5 minutes (off 1 minute), 10 x 45 seconds (off 15 seconds) (deep water running) + 30 minute run

I felt amazingly good this morning, so made the most of it. After resisting the temptation to ditch the deep water running althogether and just run, I forced myself to stick to my original plan by forcing myself into the water. Part of it was probably driven by the dread I feel prior to this massive session. But a glorious morning and slightly warmer water temperatures ensured that I made the correct decision. As usual, I got through each of the five minute efforts by focusing on each one in isolation, counting to 300. Then the focus shifted towards the short but horrible 45 second efforts with the world’s briefest recovery of 15 seconds. These are torture at the best of times, let alone after 8 x 5 minute efforts. Got out, put my shoes on and decided to push the pace a bit more today, kind of ignoring the heart rate in an attempt to regain that feel of running strong once again. And it worked! I felt like a runner once again (after feeling like a plodder for the past week). Managed to get an extra kilometer in over 30 minutes, finishing with 6.66km at 4:31’s. Still a way to go, but a substantial improvement since last week. Looking forward to staying dry tomorrow by running only.

No comments:

Post a Comment