Sunday 8 July 2018

Sunday - Two hours

I did it! I actually managed to run for two continuous hours without any real dramas! I didn’t really want to tell anyone that I’d planned this in fear I’d be told off. But I knew that the fitness I’d maintained through the deep water running would see me through this. So I set out and headed towards Narrabeen, turning around at the 60 minute mark - which saw me reach the bus stop opposite Oceans Restaurant at North Narrabeen. The heart and lungs (the engine) were more than fine (as was the mind), it’s simply the muscles and tendons (the chassis) that is lagging (again, absolutely expected after 8 weeks of non weight-bearing training). The two hours bought me just shy of North Steyne SLSC, so a very slight positive split (very happy with that) with 25.37 km in 4:44’s at 143 bpm. Not concerned about the pace so much at the moment (although it is significantly quicker than the mid 5’s of last week), it will come down by simply running more. On that note, I made the decision yesterday that I’m done with the deep water running now - so the plan is to build some mileage over the next 2-4 week before I start to add in some intensity once again. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment