Thursday 26 July 2018

Thursday - 15km

Survival mode today, as predicted yesterday. Both feet had settled right down, but my back was worse. I was actually slightly concerned pre-run whether or not I’d actually be able to get out there. I put on the shoes and decided to give it a go anyway. It did settle slightly as I ran, but I really did notice it going downhill (as seems to be the norm at the moment). Up to North Head and back, the heart rate ever so slightly lower than Tuesday’s run. I actually lost a bit of concentration before the halfway mark and missed the usual turnoff to the Fairfax Loop, having to run an estimated extra 50 m or so. Got home in 66:29 (4:05’s), fractionally faster than Thursday (and on ‘tireder’ legs) averaging 156 bpm. As usual, the left foot is now throbbing, the back is no worse than pre-run, and I am happy to get through another week of running ‘relatively’ unscathed. Bring on the rest day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment