Sunday 15 July 2018

Sunday - 28km

Feeling pretty ordinary this morning after hurting my back post-run yesterday along with what feels like neuropathic pain through my right common peroneal nerve. The latter resulted in many sleepless hours last night with a constant ache on the outside of my right calf just below the knee. Interestingly, movement seemed to help, so I’d get up every hour or so to walk around. So to say I was a bit apprehensive pre-run this morning would be an understatement. However, the pain certainly didn’t worsen as I started, so I just kept going. By about halfway, I couldn’t feel it all! Anyway, I decided to stick to the 2 hour plan - a proper lap of the lake is still slightly beyond me at this very moment. The pace was faster than anticipated, but I was able to control it. Ran up to Narrabeen Caravan Park (much further than last week, especially as I went via Manly Pool this week) before turning around and heading home. I figured that 2 hours was going to take me not too far shy of 28 km, so I changed my mind and went slightly beyond the 2 hour mark to reach the 28 km. Got just past Harris Farm in 2:01:27 in 4:20’s averaging 147 bpm. A huge improvement from last week, and I’m happy to report that I feel much better now than I did before I left. 103 km all up for my first proper week back. That mileage won’t really change much over the next two or three weeks, allowing myself plenty of time to adapt to it. Another super Sunday of sport with The World Cup final, the Tour de France (tonight’s stage looks epic), Wimbledon and the MotoGP (Assen is always a fantastic track). A pity none of these events are comparable with AEST.

No comments:

Post a Comment