Tuesday 24 July 2018

Tuesday - 15km

Up to North Head on this relatively warm morning after a small amount of time away from it, primarily to avoid the jolting through my back from the downhills towards the end. However, my back wasn’t as good as yesterday - but still better than last week, which is a positive. I was able to push the intensity a bit today, although the pace doesn’t feel fast by any means yet (it will come, I’ve just got to be patient and realistic). Got home in 61:37 (4:06’s), averaging 155 bpm (although it would be quite a bit higher, as the heart rate didn’t switch on properly until just after the 2 km mark). The good news is that the last 5 km were all sub-4’s, admittedly there’s a bit of downhill. Nevertheless, it’s still progress. The back is a bit stiff now, and I have some mild throbbing through my left foot where the fracture was. The former I’ll live with, and the latter is just a bit of irritation around the callous surrounding the healed second metatarsal - so all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment