Tuesday 10 July 2018

Tuesday - 15km

A significant (and totally unexpected) improvement this morning in my first run up to North Head since April. A cold but pleasant morning (so glad I’m no longer in the water), I took off well before sunrise. From the outset I was able to push the pace and intensity to a greater degree than yesterday - like as if my brain had suddenly given my legs the permission to run faster. Those hills though! I forgot how steep those inclines are - especially from The Boathouse to the Shelly Beach carpark. Wearing a heart rate monitor reflects this (despite not working for the first two kilometres, it was pretty much spot on from that point). Managed to get back home in 62 minutes flat averaging 4:08’s (heart rate averaged 147 bpm, but it would have actually been higher given the first two kilometres). Really happy with that - if anything, I was expecting a slightly slower pace compared to yesterday given the profile. So the comeback is going much better than anticipated, let’s hope I can keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment