Sunday 22 July 2018

Sunday - 2 hours

I decided to give the usual Sunday 2 hour long run a go, but the compromise was to back the intensity off a bit. Like yesterday, running still feels somewhat foreign. My back was jarring on every step until about 8.5 km, then it either subsided or the general feeling of fatigue took over. Kept a positive mindset (remembering Lawson Craddock in this year’s Tour de France every time I started feeling sorry for myself) and simply just grinded away. The pace progressively slowed the longer I went - but I didn’t care. The only objective was to run for the whole 2 hours - not a second longer. Ran up along Pittwater Rd, turning off at Ocean St before turning around at the start of the bridge. Got back to Ruby Lane at the 2 hour mark, finishing with 26.29 km at 4:34’s. Nothing special, but then again nothing shocking even - pretty much where I would expect to be at this very point in time. The most positive news is that the right leg is completely fine. The back I can now run through (in fact resting it would make things worse), so as long as the legs are cooperative, then I’m back.

No comments:

Post a Comment