Wednesday 4 July 2018

Wednesday - 90 minutes easy

I went against conventional wisdom today and got out there for a very easy 90 minute run (yes, on the land). The deal I made with myself was that I could go for the full 90 minutes so long as I keep my heart rate in the 120’s. Despite the my ego getting bruised by running at such a slow pace that was required to keep the heart rate down, it was fantastic. The initial plan was to just do laps of the beachfront (as its dead flat), I detoured along the harbour for a few small hills along the early part of the MSW. A bit of muscle soreness/fatigue started to set in around the hour mark (totally expected), but managed to keep the heart rate down and finish the entire 90 minutes. A very small but important victory on the long road back to recovery. 16.64 km in 5:24’s at 128 bpm.

No comments:

Post a Comment