Saturday 15 April 2017

Saturday - Parkrun

Another strong turnout today at Curl Curl Parkrun, with Scotty leading the way. Felt my usual rubbish-self on the warm-up, which is normal for a Saturday morning. Similar to the last two weeks, I just went out and ran without looking at the watch the whole way. Scott was out in front, followed by some young kid. I was with Gary and Lauren, but they started to pull away from me just before the 3km mark. Ran my own race, so didn't over-exert to try and catch them (which ended up being a good thing). The last kilometer was as painful as ever, especially knowing (without looking) that I was slower than last week. Crossed the line and was stoked to be proved wrong, finishing in 17:05/6. 15 seconds quicker than last week! Over the moon with that, but also slightly bitter sweet, as I now wonder what could have been if I had known I was a handful of seconds off a sub-17? Nevermind, I'm still coming back, so any improvement each week is fantastic. Didn't join Scotty for some one-minute efforts after (I was absolutely knackered)! A nice and easy jog back via the ocean with Matty for a solid 15km worth of running all up. Another solid week (almost) completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment