Thursday 6 April 2017

Thursday - 16km with middle 20 minutes at threshold pace

Forgot how good a session this is! Drove up to North Head (to avoid jogging up Darley Rd) and simply ran laps of it. First 5km from the stone arch got me to the start line of the Striders race (4:15's), then straight into the threshold effort. Every time I started to feel like I was approaching the red line, I ensured that I backed off the pace, simply saying 'threshold' to myself (meaning 'comfortably hard,' not all out)! Didn't look at the pace once, as I was actually feeling quite flat prior to the effort (actually had to convince myself not to pull the pin). Nevertheless, quite a solid effort in the end, getting 5.62km in 3:34's - finishing just shy of the stop sign I got to on Tuesday's fartlek session. So once again, quite happy with that, for this point in time. Straight back into an easy pace run to get the final 5.4km bringing it to 16km. Such an awesome day out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment