Sunday 2 April 2017

Sunday - 30km solo

I had agreed to meet Ben at the pool at 5:30am. Got there with about a minute to spare, and after about 5 minutes of waiting I knew that my worst fears were realised. Solo for 30km. It actually was fine to be honest, plenty of time to think and solve all the issues within the world. Just did the normal traditional loop, finishing at the 30km mark at Harris Farm. The hardest bit was walking home from Harris Farm! Never had that feeling that I wasn't going to make it this morning, unlike the previous two Sunday's. 4:20's, so not a bad pace either. How I pull up tomorrow will be interesting! 112km for the week, good to be back into triple figures. The plan is for much the same next week, but with a greater emphasis on the three speed sessions. Although the pace will be slow, I've just got to focus on getting through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment