Tuesday 4 April 2017

Tuesday - Mona Fartlek

I'm over the moon that I finally got through that one! Mona Fartlek up at North Head had been a staple session of mine in 2015 - my best year of running so far. Unfortunately I got psychologically destroyed following some bad experiences with that particular session when I ran into some overtraining (how unusual) in January 2016. I haven't done it up there since. So today, with my actual race fitness well down, I went up there with no pressure whatsoever and ran it on feel. I went hard - but didn't kill myself either. Tried my best to keep the pace consistent - although the final couple of minutes is always close to impossible on this course as it is uphill. All up, 5.64km in 3:33's. Slightly faster than ParkRun on Saturday (which was only 5km and dead flat), so really happy with that. Plus there was a strong southerly (& rain), so I was against it today. Obviously a far way off my very best (6.24km), but actually much better than what I anticipated for today. So very satisfied. Jogged back home for just over 15km all up. Now the sun is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment