Sunday 9 April 2017

Sunday long run - 30km

I had some company today, which was a nice surprise. Joined Justin and Macca at the pool at 6:15am, although I knew that I had to make the most of it as they were turning at Brookvale. I ran about 500m by myself before meeting Tim at the crest of Mt. Dee Why. So spent the next 17.5km running up to Narrabeen and around the lake with Tim. Pace was nice and comfortable, without being too slow. Tim peeled (pun intended) off at Dee Why leaving me solo for the final 5.5km descent back to sea level. 30km all up in 4:22's (or 30.3km in 4:19's according to Strava - which one is official?). 113.6km (113.9 Strava kilometers) for the week according to Strava, but more importantly, I completed my first proper week of three speed sessions. Still won't be anywhere near peak fitness by Sydney 10 (nor SMH half, if I decide to run that), but the goal is still the Gold Coast half and C2S (despite the fact that I hate that race) - and perhaps even Launceston 10 if I can get fast quick enough (although running Striders at North Head a week earlier may be a smarter option in terms of logistics and finances). I really do want to find a proper 10km road race to do this year though. Off to enjoy what is likely going to be the last warm day for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment