Thursday 13 April 2017

Thursday threshold

Back to making this a staple weekly session - 16km run with the middle 20 minutes at threshold pace. Always tough this one, at the end of a solid training week (even more so after Tuesday's hills, which normally take a bit longer to recover from than other sessions). Felt half decent though. Drove to North Head, did the first 5km comfortably, then same as last week - the next 20 minutes at threshold pace. Again, had to remind myself to back off ever so slightly numerous times throughout where I felt I was close to red-lining (harder for me to do than it sounds). Slightly better than last week (20m further), 5.64km in 3:33's. Straight into the remaining five and a half kilometers. Any improvement is good, so quite happy with that. Still some way to go, but the positive is that I am not going backwards, as was the case the last two times I tried doing this in January and last October. A solid sixteen kilometers all up. Looking forward to a rest day and a public holiday tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment