Saturday 8 April 2017

Saturday - Parkrun

Another Parkrun this morning - it was either that or quarters, and I felt like being a little bit social, so chose the former. A 5km solo warm-up, then met quite a few other down there, including John, Mr. Roach, Bronnie, Tim, Lauren, Gary, and Tom (although sadly he wasn't running). Felt flat during the warm-up, but that is not unusual for me on a Saturday - something to do with having the previous day off training I think. The gun went and immediately felt faster and better than last week. I let John and another guy go (or more correctly, I was unable to stay with them). I had Tim breathing down my neck (to my surprise) for the first 800m or so, then Lauren and a young kid were in my shadow for the next kilometer or two. Lauren came past me just before the three kilometer mark, and I thought that I was going to get dropped. Just stayed right behind her for the next kilometer, and managed to regain my breath. Then just before the bridge I put in an effort, and was solo all the way until the line. First looked at my watch once I crossed it, reading 17:19. So much quicker than I had anticipated, and 28 seconds quicker than last week, so very happy with that. It proves that I am actually responding to the training for the first time in months. Don't know what time the two in front did, but it's fair to say I was well behind them. Regathered with everyone after before running back along the coast with Lauren. 15km all up. And it looks like I have at least on starter tomorrow morning for the long run in Tim. Good luck to Darren, Erika, Ben and Matty down in Canberra tomorrow! I'm annoyed that I will miss it for the first time in three years!

No comments:

Post a Comment