Thursday 20 April 2017

Thursday threshold

This session certainly doesn't get any easier! Felt pretty flat (as is usually the case by Thursday) during the initial warm-up, but looking back at the pace post-run, I think I ran this somewhat faster. Got stuck into the effort at the 5km mark (20 minutes at threshold pace), it felt hard but controlled at all times. Similarly to previous weeks, each time when I felt close to the red line I repeated the mantra 'threshold,' which is my cue to hold back a fraction. Finished the 20 minutes at 5.75km (3:29 min/km pace), so a big improvement over the past two weeks (got a whole two signposts further down the road)! Really happy with that. Straight back into the remainder of the 16km run, but nice and easy. 16km all up in 3:54's. Great to see Laura back out running once again, and Thomas being soft by riding instead of running.

No comments:

Post a Comment