Thursday 27 April 2017

Thursday - 16km, with middle 20 minutes @ threshold pace

That was tough this morning with the cold wind. Although magical conditions temperature-wise! Just the usual loops of North Head, the first 5km nice and relaxed, before starting the 20 minute effort. As always, ran purely on feel, not looking at the watch until the end. It honestly felt like I had a headwind regardless of which direction I was running! But definitely more pronounced when running south - which comprises about two-thirds of the effort. The last kilometer was really tough - uphill into the wind. Kept repeating the mantra 'tempo' in my head to make sure I wasn't red-lining it. Finished with 5.78km, in 3:28's. Although I think it may have been further and faster than that, as it was quite a bit further than last week, and only just shy of Tuesday's Mona Fartlek (Strava also backs me up on this). Regardless, I was really happy with that, as it was faster despite the tougher conditions. Ran the remaining (just over) 5km nice and relaxed, finishing with 16km in 3:50's. Another week done, and still getting some improvements!

No comments:

Post a Comment