Tuesday 11 April 2017

Tuesday - 10 x 400m hills (quick jog recovery)

Well that was better than I had envisaged! Last time I attempted this, I had to stop halfway and divide the session into two sets. So I made sure that I paced it better today, even more so since the last time I did any hills was at the start of January. Did the usual warm-up to Collins Flat via Shelly Beach (just short of 5km). Then straight into the session. The best thing about this session is that it is never effected by the weather - it's so sheltered down there. Simply just took one rep at a time, and kept the recovery in the 'quick jog' zone as opposed to a 'float' like I normally would (that will come perhaps next time). Didn't look at the watch until the end, finishing in 31:51 for the 8km. Nowhere near my best, but actually must better than I anticipated (I was thinking I would be happy to go under 33 minutes). More importantly, I got through the entire session this time. A nice and very slow jog back home via Shelly Beach once again for just under 18km all up. Nice and sore now (in a good way).

No comments:

Post a Comment