Tuesday 18 April 2017

Tuesday - 5 x 1 mile reps (off 2 minutes standing recovery)

I was stoked to have Quentin show up at Manly LSC to join me for the session. I woke up at 6am with a message asking me what time and what the session was. Wrote back, but figured I had responded too late (Quentin had sent the message at 10:30pm last night - I was fast asleep by that stage). So the company and pacing was much appreciated this morning. I've only done this session twice along the beachfront before, and both times I had blown up by running the first few reps too fast. So being older and wiser, I paced it more appropriately - again by not looking at my watch until the end of the session. 5:24, 5:20, 5:25, 5:24, and 5:25 - averaging 5:23 (or just under 3:22 min/km pace), which was great, as the goal was between 5km and 10km pace. The two minutes standing recovery was nice for the first few reps, but didn't feel enough by the last few. A nice cool-down back to Addison Rd so Quentin could show me his new place that he and Grace just purchased - they did extremely well! Just over 18km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment