Saturday 18 November 2017

Saturday - Manly to Spit & return

I actually felt half decent this morning for a Saturday! Went about my usual Manly to Spit and return. My Garmin actually behaved itself today, giving me an accurate reading of 20.08km. First time in a few weeks! Mostly overcast with a moderate breeze, but nothing too challenging. Got caught out ever so slightly on the return home at the high tide mark, having to traverse a few more rocks than usual. Other than that, nothing else of significance to report. People were very friendly today, always making room and even starting conversation here and there! Kept the pace firm but controlled at all times. Got home in 85:33 (4:16’s), only marginally slower than last week (thanks once again to the tide), so very happy with that. As I said last week, anytime under 86 is well and truly fast enough at this stage. I got a very light sprinkling only in the final kilometer, although I could see what looked like South Head getting a drenching on the way home. Time to eat some freshly baked granola once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment