Saturday 25 November 2017

Saturday - Manly to Spit & return

Up and out for my usual Saturday morning Manly to Spit run on an absolutely stunning morning, although a tad too warm and humid to be considered ‘world record conditions.’ Nevertheless, I felt good - unusual for a Saturday morning. I had some more power and spring in my stride, allowing me to push the pace fractionally more than usual without any increase in perceived effort. It surprisingly wasn’t too crowded out there, with a few more geckos making guest appearances along the way. No stray walkers or high tides to contend with today either, making it a dream run. Got back home in 84:54 (4:14’s), only the second time under 85 minutes. Very happy with that, especially as I didn’t push the pace any harder in the final few kilometers (which I generally have a habit of doing). Perhaps time to jump into the ocean - it’s almost December after all, so I’m running out of excuses! Update: that was a stupid idea - the water is freezing!

No comments:

Post a Comment