Thursday 9 November 2017

Thursday - 15km

If I felt great yesterday, then today I felt like magic! The polar opposite to Tuesday, which I’m certainly not complaining about. Admittedly the conditions were perfect - 13 degrees with a very light westerly wind, no humidity at all! But the power and spring in my stride which deserted me on Tuesday was back in abundance today. The biggest challenge was controlling my desire to race the run this morning (which I’m getting much better at doing). Up to North Head this morning, seeing Ben along the way, then Justin on the way home. The Garmin was being tight this morning, robbing me of extra time by underreading the distance. I was aware of this from the 5km mark onwards, with the 1km beeps sounding further past their usual landmarks. Nevertheless, I got home in 54:34 (3:38’s), feeling strong but composed! I need this feeling everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment