Wednesday 8 November 2017

Wednesday - 15km

That was more like it this morning, confirming my thoughts that yesterday was a one off. Nevertheless, I had a few obstacles to battle this morning. I nearly got hit on two separate occasions at two separate pedestrian crossings (yes, at pedestrian crossings). The first was at the very start crossing the road at North Steyne. A tradesman saw me and speed up hopingnto avoid stopping - underestimating the speed I was running. In the end he had to slam on the brakes, skidded a bit, a yelled expletives at me. Because of course, I’m clearly at fault? The second was between 5-6km at Manly LSC going onto Ashburner St. This one was trivial in comparison, a lady simply not paying attention driving quite slowly. The difference was that she wound down her window and was extremely apologetic. The other obstacle was the wind! A strong southeasterly wind made for some tough running, although I would have to say that it was not as tough as Monday’s northeasterly. It certainly made the notorious Manly to Queenscliff on the way home much more pleasurable than Monday - the trade off was the final 600m from Queenscliff to North Steyne SLSC straight into the wind. So, with my adventures this morning, I got back in a very respectable 54:47 (3:38’s). I’ve figured that if I can hold around (or fractionally under) 3:40’s most mornings, then I’m more than happy. Absolutely no need to be pushing beyond that at this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment