Wednesday 29 November 2017

Wednesday - 15km

The humidity is getting worse and worse. I really suffered from it this morning. I had to dig deep just to get out there this morning, having been in a very deep sleep when my alarm woke me up this morning. Another stunning morning, despite the stickiness in the air. Had to detour around the remains of Volley Fest - it looks like they are almost done (I’ll be surprised if they are still there tomorrow). Ran into and with Tom for a bit, great to see he is making a comeback after a year of Achilles issues. Sorry for not being very social! Wednesday means the flatter but more crowded Shelly-Fairlight loop. I backed the pace off a bit today, just wanting to get it done. Thinking I was running slower than usual, I readjusted my expectations for a high-55, low-56. This appeared more apparent as I had to a large detour onto the grass at Queenscliff to make way for the White Ribbon March! A huge turn out of people led by police on horses blocked the beachfront on my return between North Steyne and Queenscliff SLSC. They were followed by four policemen on cycles. So, after a bloody humid morning where I didn’t feel like getting out of bed, and then some cross country thrown in the middle, I was happy to get back home in 54:50 (3:39’s), pretty much identical times for the past three days. Faster than I thought, and as I keep saying, there is no need to be any faster than 54’s at this time of year - especially in that sort of humidity. Even made it back in time for a swim, although it looks like I saw the best part of the day. It’s raining now!

No comments:

Post a Comment