Wednesday 15 November 2017

Wednesday - 15km

I slept like a log last night, not moving once! Got up and as soon as I started running, I was feeling terrible. So much so, I even contemplated stopping just before the 3km mark. But I thought better of it, knowing how miserable I would be for the rest of the day. So I simply just stuck it out. The pace felt slow, but I felt I was working much harder than I should have been. This is the worst feeling - working hard but going slow! Stuck to the usual Shelly-Fairlight loop this morning, and thankfully I did, as the very small number of inclines I felt! I ran into Justin multiple times throughout, looks like he was out there for a while as well, which is great to see. Just the single detour past the Volley Fest today. I was extremely surprised to get back to North Steyne in 53:56 (3:36’s), only the third time I’ve ever run a sub-54 (and the previous two times I was really aiming to do that). I honestly thought I’d be in the mid-56’s today! Looks like I’m a terrible judge of pace! The Garmin was once again up to its usual tricks, ripping me off by 8 seconds again today. Even Strava jumped on board with the Garmin yesterday, adding on even more time! They’re out to get me!

No comments:

Post a Comment