Sunday 26 November 2017

Sunday - 30km

That would have had to have been one of the toughest long runs I have ever done! Felt fine (at the start, at least), but I really suffered as the run progressed with the heat and humidity. So much so that I had to dig deep just to finish. I felt as if I had really just dropped the pace and switched to survival mode, simply just ticking the legs over to get home in the end. So I loved the irony of getting back to Harris Farm in 1:53:59 (3:48’s), the fastest time I have done for this long run. No wonder it was tough! The conditions simply exacerbated it! But the funny thing is that I actually did back it off to what felt like a plod over the last 10km or so. Oh well, I can’t complain about that, although I’ll probably pay for it next week (the forecast is looking similarly hot and humid, at least 15km of running in it is more manageable than 30km, some of which is out west in Cromer)! Other highlights included seeing quite a few B-Line buses (which officially launched today), along with even more 199’s (never heard of the 199). Most of the former looked pretty empty given it is a Sunday morning, but each had the first rows upstairs occupied. I wonder how long until that novelty wears off? One positive observation was that both Dee Why and Brookvale main’s were relatively empty rather than their usual congested selves (yes, congested even on a Sunday mornings). The first real test will be tomorrow. Time to jump into the ocean again, clearly not learning my lesson from yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment