Thursday 16 November 2017

Thursday - 15km

Im overdue for a slightly slower run, so today didn’t disappoint in that regard. The good news is was that the pace and intensity felt easier than yesterday (even though today was slower). The North Head loop this morning, with a strong northeasterly wind (wasn’t a fan on the return leg) which kept the heat away along the beachfront on an otherwise warm and humid morning outside of the wind. I got caught out on the way out by the Volley Fest organisers who decided to block off the promenade earlier than usual. I discovered this at the last minute, having to significantly detour this time, adding a small chunk of time to my overall run. I was prepared on the way home. Once again, my Garmin cut me short by about 50m (i.e. I had to run 50m past my usual finish line to get the 15km), finishing in 55:19 (3:41’s). To be honest, I’m just glad to get it done this morning, as I was feeling it a bit after yesterday’s quicker run. Looking forward to a rest day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment