Monday 15 January 2018

Monday - 15km

That cool change hung around for this morning, which was more than welcome. Likewise, the trade-off was the wind, which was quite insane at times - especially along East & West Esplanade (harbour foreshore). I felt quite good today, for a Monday, although admittedly I did feel old and worn out at the very start which went away after ten or so seconds. Just the usual Shelly-Fairlight loop this morning. I am very tempted to commence a proper speed-based training plan following Saturday’s threshold run, but I’m fighting hard against that temptation as I do actually have a longer-term (i.e. 2018 season) plan that I am really adamant on sticking to. So that means holding back and slowly build each component of my running fitness properly, respecting that this takes time and discipline, and further acknowledging that the season is long and it’s only January. The intervals and track work will come, just not at this very point in time. Anyway, back to this morning’s run, nothing else out of the ordinary to report other than the temperature and wind. Overall, rather pleasant. Pace felt solid but very much controlled the entire way, not much more I could ask for after a big weekend of running. As usual, my GPS underread the distance. Nevertheless, got back to North Steyne in 54:47 (3:39’s), so quite a respectful time. No swim today, too cold for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment