Sunday 28 January 2018

Sunday - 30km

Almost a carbon copy of yesterday, albeit a little less brutal. As per the last two Sunday’s, the legs are a little sorer than usual following Saturday’s workout. As a result, the pace of Sunday’s long run has slowed a bit - but definitely worth it! Out dodging the crowds of the Manly Surf Carnival and B&B early on, before running into a very mild northeasterly all the way up to Narrabeen. Turned at Turrimetta Headland and took the tailwind home. I knew I was going to suffer on the return leg, as I was absolutely drenched before the turnaround (and that was with a breeze)! By the last 10km it was simply all about getting home - couldn’t care what pace I was going by that stage. I always regret this new coastal route when I get to the final 4-5km, as this was the best part of the old course around the lake (i.e. it was literally all downhill). On the coastal route, you’ve still got to conquer Dee Why Headland, South Curl Curl/Freshwater Headland, and Queenscliff Headland! It’s soul destroying at the time, but whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Got home in 4:10’s,  ithing spectacular but nothing horrendous in my given state combined with Singapore-like conditions. At least we’ve got a cooler change coming midweek, so you’ll only have to put up with me whinging about the humidity for another few days (don’t worry, I’ll find something else to have a rant about)!

No comments:

Post a Comment