Sunday 21 January 2018

Sunday - 30km

Now that I’m doing a proper speed session on Saturday’s, the pace of my Sunday long runs is going to suffer somewhat. That, and the fact that I’ve decided to run the old hilly coastal route. Today was no exception, especially with a return of the heat and humidity that went in hiding for the past seven days. The upside was that we got an absolute stunning morning. As alluded to above, I simply just ran on feel, keeping the pace always in control and in the comfortable range. The bits of shade along the way were great, but these largely disappeared as the run progressed and the sun rose further and shone hotter. Down the Shelly Beach, then straight up to Turrimetta Headland before returning home. A good solid 30km in a reasonable 2:03:15 (4:05’s). I reckon that was paced to perfection today, not too hard but certainly nonwalk in the park. Definitely need to go for a swim now to dry myself of all this sweat and perspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment