Tuesday 9 January 2018

Tuesday - 15km

I ended up battling all of the elements this morning. Waking up to a storm (thunder and lightning), followed by a massive downpour, only the keen ones were out there this morning. Still, a very muggy 23 degrees didn’t help either. Got out after a much needed rest day yesterday (one extra every six weeks seems to be the go for me at the moment) and was straight into a very strong northeasterly! Felt refreshed and rejuvenated! Ran up to North Head (my usual Tuesday route), keeping the pace ever so slightly slower than usual (feeling more comfortable throughout, not as close to that red line). I had completely forgotten about that northeasterly wind until I turned around. It was strong, and I did battle with it all the way home. Took extra precaution descending North Head as there were quite a few puddles (the last thing I want is to fall and break something). Back along the final stretch from Manly LSC to North Steyne SLSC was extremely tough, running straight into what felt like a gale force wind (it wasn’t, but it was strong nonetheless). The GPS underread (as it so often does these days), but got back in 56:20 (3:45’s). By no means a great time in ordinary conditions, but considering the storm, rain, wind, heat and humidity (feel free to add any others), it wasn’t by any means disastrous. No swim today.

No comments:

Post a Comment