Tuesday 16 January 2018

Tuesday - 15km

Beautiful conditions once again this morning, except for the 40+ km/hr southerly winds. The good thing about wind from the south is that you battle it for the first half, which is psychologically much easier knowing that at the turn around you’ve got some assistance on the way home. But, they always say that you always loose more in a headwind than what you gain with a tailwind. So the end result is a net loss. Knowing this, I just went out and ran on feel (as I do pretty much every morning these days). And I actually felt quite good. Up to North Head this morning, and thankfully no snakes. Although I am now hyper vigilant and double check every stick that I see lying on the road, and pretty much run right in the middle part offer road! Got back home in 55:29 (3:42’s), so not too bad with that wind! Looking at my splits shows it as well, as the first half was quite a bit slower than usual, but the return was consistently faster than usual. Oh well, I’d still rather battle the winds this time of year rather than the heat and humidity!

No comments:

Post a Comment