Saturday 6 January 2018

Saturday - Manly to Spit & return (+ 2 x 20 sec hills, 4 x 10 sec hills)

I know that I’ve said this a lot lately, but today was bloody hot and tough! The bureau got it right (for a change), and it is just the start of what is supposed to be ‘extreme’ heat over the weekend, followed by a very humid week ahead (this is music to any runner’s ears)! So as usual, I just ran on feel today - it felt hard enough, but the pace felt slow. The bits of shade were appreciated, but the sun was horrible! Out along a quite crowded Manly to Spit trail this morning. Felt pretty normal (i.e. not too flat, but nothing amazing either). Got home in a very slow 88:31 (4:23’s), but I did work for it - it wasn’t that I was going soft. Absolutely saturated upon finishing. Got my bike, rode down to Sydney Rd, and did some hill sprints. Like always, the first one felt pretty ordinary, but seemed to warm-up after that. Time to jump into the ocean, followed by breakfast with my first mango of the season!

2 comments:

  1. You are completely mad Lewis!
    ......waiting this long to have a mango?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was totally worth it though, amazing (especially the Kensington Pride)!

      Delete