Wednesday 3 January 2018

Wednesday - 15km

I actually felt quite good today, especially in comparison to the past few days. It probably helped that the temperature felt more reasonable (thanks to a moderately strong southerly, which was counteracted by also presenting as a headwind). Although this is the only time of the year where I’ll happily welcome a headwind! Out for the usual Shelly-Fairlight loop among the crowds (didn’t help that 10 minutes later than usual). Although I did get told off three times (only one of which I could marginally understand). And yes, in each case I kept to the left (so I probably don’t need to describe the rest of each instance). Despite the pleasure of running into a headwind, the protected parts of the run were still as humid as ever (yes, I dripping wet as I’m writing this). Got home in a much quicker 54:35 (3:38’s) [the Garmin underreading today by 80m or 17 seconds, although the Strava correction didn’t work today], so really really really happy with that. At a time where I’ve lowered my expectations to the point where I consider a sub-56 as a successful run, to run in the 54’s again (first time in a few weeks) if a nice confidence booster, and once again goes to confirm that the heat and humidity - not a loss of form is responsible for my reduction in pace over the past month. Might give the ocean a miss this morning, looks like it’s about to rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment