Saturday 27 January 2018

Saturday - 20 minute threshold (+ 2 x 20 sec, 6 x 10 sec hill sprints)

I know that I said this on Thursday, but I’d like to clarify that today was even more humid! Woke up after a sweaty night’s sleep to 24 degrees, 98% humidity and overcast skies. So, as per usual, the plan was to simply run on feel (which is the whole purpose of a threshold run anyway). Jogged up to North Head to ‘warm-up’ and I was already dripping wet by this stage. After some procrastination, I finally got going. The pace never felt as quick as last week (to be expected), but I did my best to ensure the same intensity - which I think I got it spot on once again. There were a few temptations along the way to call it quits due to the weather, but each time that happened I just backed it off slightly. In the end, only slightly slower than last week, finishing with 5.96km in 3:22’s. Quite happy with that given how tough it was out there. And I’d dare say at the least it was equal to last week’s effort. I had initially planned to take a two minute rest before doing another 5 minute effort, but 20 minutes was more than enough for today. Did my usual long cool-down, bumping into Jerome for a quick chat between Shelly and Manly Beach. Got home absolutely drenched, confirming that today was not the day to be running PB’s. Finished off with the usual hill sprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment