Thursday 25 January 2018

Thursday - 15km (+ 200m, 150m, 100m, 2 x 80m, 2 x 60m)

I didn’t think it could get worse than yesterday (in terms of humidity). I was wrong - today was another level altogether. It was also the first time that my sunglasses collected condensation on the inside of the lens! Doesn’t matter, as vision is overrated anyway! Up to North Head again this morning, and despite the weather and being the end of the week, I actually felt reasonably good (thanks to having a huge dinner last night no doubt). Kept the pace firm and controlled, having that spring in my stride that I search for on each run. Got back home in a very respectable 55:27 (3:41’s), extremely satisfied with that time in those conditions. The best thing is that all the runs this week (except Tuesday) have all felt really strong despite the horrible humidity. And the times reflect that (again, except for Tuesday), as I was a fair bit slower than this in the similar conditions around Christmas and New Year’s. Finished off with some sprints, which are also feeling stronger and less of a shock to the system every week. Baking some fresh granola before jumping into the ocean to dry off! Really looking forward to much needed sleep in tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment