Thursday 4 January 2018

Thursday - 15km (+ 2 x 150m, 4 x 100m)

Very pleasant conditions today, with an overcast (even light rain at times) sky and light southerly breeze keeping the temperature below 20. Still fairly humid out of the wind, but all up it was nice to run in somewhat normal conditions again. I felt reasonably good (for a Thursday that is) as I made my way around the usual North Head loop, not too sore following my very solid run yesterday (although admittedly I really did feel the hills this morning, and the first half is full of elevation). No incidents with pedestrians today, so nothing really interesting to report unfortunately. Got back in 55:20 (3:41’s), not bad at all. Bumped into Dennis and chatted with him for about 15 minutes before deciding on flat sprints over hill sprints (I feel that I pull up sorer following the former, so with a scheduled rest day tomorrow it made sense to delay the hill sprints until after Saturday’s run). Did these along the beachfront, feeling significantly better and faster than I did last Saturday with the 60m sprints. Plenty of rest in between each rep ensured that I was able to attack each effort properly. All up, a solid morning of running ahead of a very busy day at work. At least it’s now raining and miserable (although hopefully the forecast is different at the SCG)!

No comments:

Post a Comment